Re: [leafnode-list] Multiple News Servers

Chris Mulcahy wrote:

> I have two news servers in my config file.  The second one only has groups
> specific to the news server (chamisplace.com with info about HTML-Kit).
>
> I cannot get leafnode to recognize chamisplace newsgroups.  It says that
> it's connecting, but does not download the newsgroups.

Assuming that you use a recent 1.9.x version of leafnode, it is not
entirely clear to me what the problem is. Were you able to successfully
mark the newsgroups as "interesting" (i.e. do the chamisplace newsgroups
show up under /var/spool/news/interesting.groups)?

If this is not the case, the newsgroups are probably not listed in
the file /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo which means that you
have to force re-loading of this information by invoking fetchnews
with -f.

If the newsgroups are marked as interesting and the names contained
in /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo, there may be one of several
problems. First, the remote news server may be broken, although I
couldn't find any indication for this. Second, the numbers of the
old articles may be garbled (they are stored in
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/chamisplace.com). Delete the file and
try again. Third, fetchnews may be getting articles but unable
to store them locally (although this does not seem to fit your
problem description).

If all of this is not the case, try to produce a debug log and
send it to me.

Hope that helps,
--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */