[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Forcing leafnode to do initial fetch
How do I force leafnode to do an initial fetch of a newsgroup,
so that it fetches <initialfetch> articles (the number defined
in the config file)?
* removing the group from /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/
* removing the actual directory containing the messages for the group
* changing /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo so that the group's
description line looks like: group.name 1 1 0 ??
* removing the group from /var/spool/news/leaf.node/news.freeserve.net
* then, adding the group to my newsreader (slrn) and getting
the "Leafnode placeholder" message
And then running fetchnews.
This doesn't work; it just seems to grab new messages after the last
message got for the newsgroup.
Does leafnode store a timestamp for the last time it got messages for
a newsgroup? If so, where?
(I'm using 2.0b8, BTW).
***** Phil Hunt *****
"An unforseen issue has arisen with your computer. Don't worry your silly
little head about what has gone wrong; here's a pretty animation of a
paperclip to look at instead."
-- Windows2007 error message
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list