Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:23:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <BUGTRAQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BeroList 2.5.9 Code Quality Is A Disaster

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Matthias Andree wrote:

> BEROLIST 2.5.9 IS A MAJOR RELIABILITY DISASTER.

I agree - the initial version was both the first piece of Linux (and
general Unix) code and the first piece of C code I wrote after converting
from the Atari ST + Pascal + GFA-Basic world.
I was a newbie at that time, and the code shows it.

The further releases were mostly hacks to keep it working for what I was
using it for. I've changed jobs 3 times since then, and I haven't been
running any mailing lists for some time.

If there will be a further version (uncertain at this time), it will be a
complete rewrite.

LLaP
bero