Re: [leafnode-list] Problem with texpire

Stefan Wiens <s.wi@xxxxxxx> writes:

> To find broken overview lines:
> find /var/spool/news -name .overview | \
>         xargs awk -v FS="\t" '{if(NF>9)print FILENAME" "$0}'

None here[TM].

> Does anyone have an idea how to expire groups which have vanished from
> groupinfo?

You mean, after a new group list has been fetched which has some groups
less? Or on other occasions? Knowing not much of texpire's internals: In
how far is it relevant if the group to expire is listed in groupinfo?

> Descending the entire /var/spool/news tree (except message.id/ etc.)
> is not advisable; there might be an unknown subdirectory that better
> should not be touched.

Well. We could move all leafnode relevant directories and files into
leaf.node, then the rest of /var/spool/news would be ours to play with.