Re: [leafnode-list] retrieving threads

On 02 Oct 2001, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Robert <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [gnus]
>> > `nntp-nov-is-evil'
>>
>> It's not set though (its nil) , though from a thread on
>> gnu.emacs.gnus it appears to be a gnus problem (and nothing to do
>> with leafnode) and it was just fortuitous that it didn't happen
>> after a fetchnews -f
>
> Well, it's not set on my Gnus either, which happily sends XOVER to
> leafnode and gets proper responses, a debug log of leafnode would be
> interesting though.

Well as the problem isn't happening at the moment, I'll have to either
hope that I can restart leafnode with debug when it next occurs
without gnus sorting itself out, or set it to debug now and lie in wait
- how verbose are the debug logs?

> FWIW, my Gnus calls itself v5.8.8.

I'm using an Oort version, though the OP
(news:ap3bsjuf6q5.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) reported it with 5.8.8.
Restarting gnus appears to get it back on track

Robert Marshall