Re: [leafnode-list] Getting leafnode working - xinetd?

Alec Cawley wrote:

> I am trying to get leafnode running with KNode on Red Hat 7.1. I had
> installed the system from the rpm and got fetchnews to download the list of
> newsgroups from my upstream server. Now I want to get KNode to talk to to
> leafnode.

To get KNode reliably working with Leafnode, it is imperative to use
one of the latest releases of KNode. Earlier releases contain bugs
which make working with Leafnode difficult.

However, I think you have a different problem not based on KNode.

> I am using xinetd and have set the nntp configuration file as
> follows:
>
> #nntp server for local service
>
> service nntp
> {
> 	flags 		= REUSE
> 	socket_type 	= stream
> 	user		= news
> 	server		= /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
> 	wait		= no
> 	disable		= no
> 	only_from	= localhost
> 	log_on_failure	+= USERID
> }
>
> I am running xinetd with debug on. When KNode tries to contact leafnode,
> xinetd reports that it sets up the connection, which closes immediately, as
> follows:

What happens if you do "telnet localhost nntp"? What is the name of
your machine? Possible the "only_from" line is a problem.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */