Re: [leafnode-list] Re: tin does not reconnect to newsserver

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's actually what ietf-nntp-draft-xx requires you to do. And as
> that will soon be on the standards track, it's maybe not a bad
> idea to just do it like this.

I will *not* work around bogus error messages in tin. If tin cannot tell
400 from 423/430 replies and it confuses local-spool with NNTP error
messages, if tin is unable to parse 400 and handle it properly,
i. e. drop the connection, drop data sent in advance, reconnect and redo
the transaction, it's tin that needs bug fixing, not leafnode.

Everyone sweep in front of their own front door please.

Note, sending 400 after a . is perfectly legal. See p. 23 of RFC-977.

I'm not breaking RFC-977 to hide client bugs.

I filed a bug against tin 1.4.4, not sure if that's taken care of,
because Urs is playing infantile games like mirroring my mail back and
stuff. Someone else bash him if that's not fixed soon.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin