Re: [leafnode-list] Spam filtering + Wishlist

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:53:05PM +1000, David Findlay wrote:

> > > - Support for yEnc - http://www.yenc.org

> > As far as I get it, yEnc is still very much in a developmental stage
> > and will not reliably work over NNTP connection because it assumes
> > them to be 8-bit-safe; many NNTP connections will drop the 8th bit,
> > however. Therefore, leafnode will not support yEnc for the moment.

Is there anything quite that bad out there? Most of the discussions I've
seen have been more of the order of barfing on some characters rather
than being seven bit.

> Does leafnode drop the 8th bit?

Why do you need support for this in the server anyway?  Looking at the
web page it seems to be a client-side feature not needing assistance
from servers.