[leafnode-list] Message ids in /var/spool/news/news/group/bla/ changed

Hi,

A few days ago, I noticed I wasn't seeing any new messages in
pt.internet.usenet. I went to Google Groups and saw new posts so I tried
figure out what's wrong.

I looks like leafnode stopped increasing the message id's (I don't
really know this works). Anyway, the last post before this happened was:

luis@home:/var/spool/news/pt/internet/usenet$ ls -l 2271
-rw-rw-r--    2 news     news         1470 Feb 11 19:40 2271

The post after seems to be:

luis@home:/var/spool/news/pt/internet/usenet$ ls -l 2
-rw-rw-r--    2 news     news         1810 Feb 12 01:40 2

And it's now at:

luis@home:/var/spool/news/pt/internet/usenet$ ls -l 47
-rw-rw-r--    2 news     news         1898 Feb 18 16:40 47

Why did this happen?

The problem is my newsreader (pan) couldn't find new messages. And nor
could tin. I solved this problem in pan by Emptying the group and
reseting its message counter forcing it to download all available
headers. I don't even know how to solve the problem in tin.

However there is another problem, pan now only got articles 2 to 47. The
older ones don't show up. I think this has happened in at least two
other groups.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

--