Re: [leafnode-list] 2.0 beta and mail2news.

dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mike Castle) writes:

> What's the output of:
>
> ls -ld .
>
> I suspect that be more of a problem than anything else.
>
> Obviously . is whatever the directory of importance above is.

 is the current directory, but leafnode doesn't currently log which one
it talks about. This open(".") is used to store the current directory to
change back to it later -- and if you cannot open the current directory,
something is strange. However, if the current directory is outside
/var/spool/news (or whatever your $spooldir is), everything's fine, but
we don't know that at this time. "lsof -c fetchnews" can perhaps tell
you what's up, get lsof at ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/
unless it comes with your distribution or OS.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin