Re: [leafnode-list] Time Out

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > I've taken to just editing the the hard-coded time-out myself each time I
> > compile a new version.
>
> What's the problem with the timeout?

In various versions it's gone from 15 minutes to 2 minutes to 5 minutes.
With 2 minutes, default pine configurations started dropping.  Of course I
could have (and did) change the pine configuration, but I also thought
that 2 minutes was too short, so I got into the habit of changing it back
to the earlier 15.  I guess I got into that habit to such a degree that I
hadn't noticed the move from 2 minutes to 5 minutes (which should be just
fine.)

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/