Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews: Falling back and regrouping.

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 11:13:28AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > Write SERVERINFO after any group is fetched. Or am I missing
> > something?
>
> I'm doing that in 1.9.21pre1, but it does not help if fetchnews aborts
> before the group fetch is complete and articles on the leafnode machine
> expire earlier than on the upstream, because we won't detect duplicates
> in that case and refetch.

True, but if you roll the SERVERINFO~ file in after a crash you
will never refetch articles other than you fetched in the last
run. If your expire time is shorter than the time between two
consecutive runs of fetchnews you anyway have pretty a messed up
set up.

Cheers,
	Jo:rg

--
       ---===  Encrypted mail welcome. Key-ID: 1024D/2B693EBF  ===---
Fortune cookie of the day: