Re: [leafnode-list] fqdn validation

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 05:16:22AM -0700, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > so there's really enough choice to get a FQDN. Remember, we don't
> > need DNS, we only need to make sure the domain is unique.

> Of course.

I'd also note that last time I checked this check is performed all the
time, not just when generating message IDs.  It would be much better if
the check were only done then (which may never happen on systems where
the client supplies a message ID).  That would make life very much
easier and would more closely represent the actual goal of the check.