RE: [leafnode-list] New 2.0 snapshot (alpha, 2.0b8_ma10pre3.2) available

Okay, I went and installed this new snapshot and the install went fine.
This is on a Redhat 7.1 system.  I ran fetchnews, and that worked with
no problems.  I started up Tin, and that worked with no problems.  I
started up Agent, and ran a Get New Headers, and the server keeps
unexpectedly quits on the same newsgroup.  What can I do to see what it
is dying on?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

available

> Hello,
>
> I just released another alpha-quality snapshot of the 2.0b series. It
> bears the version 2.0b8_ma10pre3.2. The version string is extremely
> ugly, and there will be no 2.0b8_ma10pre4, but it will be 2.0b9
instead.

> Anyhow, one month after the last snapshot, here's a new one. Not
> extensively tested, please send feedback if anything is broken.
>
> Get it from:
>
> http://leafnode2.home.dhs.org/
> http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/
>
> Some days ago, I gave write access to my CVS tree to Ralf Wildenhues
> simplify our work. No more "Ralf Wildenhues:" tags under my email
> address :-)
>
> Here's the ChangeLog excerpt, listing changes since 2.0b8_ma10pre3.1:
>
> 2002-05-05  Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* TODO: stricter Message-ID checking is now in place.  Done:
"add
> 	COPYING".
> 	* autobootstrap.sh: Note that this file is public domain.
> 	* nntpd.c: More anal Message-ID domain part checking: reject
posts
> 	without domain part, with unqualified domain part or with domain
> 	part that looks local.
>
> 	* COPYING: New file, mostly extracted from README.
> 	* applyfilter.c, checkgroups.c, fetchnews.c, leafnode.h,
> 	lockfile.c, nntpd.c, rnews.c, texpire.c: Change lockfile timeout
> 	handling. lockfile_exists() now takes care of timing out itself,
> 	fix left-behind temporary files.
>
> 	* .cvsignore: Add ChangeLog.emma.
> 	* applyfilter.c, checkgroups.c, fetchnews.c, nntpd.c, texpire.c:
> 	Move whoami() call to initvars.
>
> 	* miscutil.c: Use validatefqdn.c and validatefqdn.h from
> 	leafnode-1.
>
> 	* leafnode.h: Drop whoami() prototype.
> 	* ENVIRONMENT: Add documentation on LN_DEBUG_QUALIFICATION.
> 	* Makefile.am, validatefqdn.c, validatefqdn.h: Use
validatefqdn.c
> 	and validatefqdn.h from leafnode-1.
>
> 	* artutil.c: When canceling or superseding, make ENOENT a DEBUG
> 	message. It may be that the original article has not been
> 	downloaded at all.
>
> 2002-05-03  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* filterutil.c: When checking against maxcrosspost, do not free
> 	variable we incremented, but store the original pointer and free
> 	that instead. Fixes SIGSEGV.
>
> 2002-05-01  Ralf Wildenhues <ralf.wildenhues@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* filterutil.c: killfilter copes with folded Newsgroups: header.
> 	* artutil.c, leafnode.h: mgetheader operates on constant
strings.

> 	* activutil.c, artutil.c, fetchnews.c, filterutil.c,
log_moveto.c,
> 	miscutil.c, moderated.c, newsq.c, nntpd.c, store.c, xoverutil.c:
> 	mastr_vcat calls now 64 bit clean.
>
> 	* nntpd.c: output of markdownload error (forward port from 1.9).
> 	Free dormant groups data in main.
>
> 2002-04-28  Ralf Wildenhues <ralf.wildenhues@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* fetchnews.c, leafnode.h, miscutil.c: cleanup handling of
> 	interesting.groups and dormant.groups (could still be improved).
> 	Remove critinit* functions, let the caller decide to die.
>
> 	* store.c: store_stream now copes with folded Newsgroups:
header.
> 	Use switch to speed up header parsing.
> 	Note: dopost still rejects Newsgroups: header with spaces or
folds
> 	between the first group name and the end of the last fold
> 	continuation line (folding before the first group is not
rejected).

> 	* applyfilter.c, getfoldedline.c, leafnode-version.c, rnews.c:
make
> 	const strings static, fix compiler warning.
> 	* activutil.c, newsq.c, nntpd.c: fix some 'char s[PATH_MAX]'
bugs.
> 	* getline.h: unconditionally declare getline.
> 	* doc_german/man/man8/checkgroups.8: fix typo.
>
> 	* nntpd.c: reject POSTs with empty Newsgroups header.
>
> 2002-04-27  Ralf Wildenhues <ralf.wildenhues@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* Makefile.am, fetchnews.c, leafnode.h, log_moveto.c, queues.c:
> 	function moveto renamed in log_moveto and placed in separate
file.
> 	queues.c: in case of store failure in feedincoming, log_moveto
> 	message to failed.postings.  Since store does not exhibit
transient
> 	failure in general, this should be safe.
>
> 	* applyfilter.c: remove spurious sign warning.
>
> 	* configure.ac: test for strdup removed.
> 	* dirutil.c, lsort.c, masock_sa2addr.c, masock_sa2name.c,
> 	mkdir_parent.c, moderated.c: Replace all strdup with critstrdup.
>
> 	* nntpd.c: forward port error checking in markdownload.
>
> 2002-04-26  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* TODO: "check for I/O errors in markdownload" is now fixed.
> 	* autobootstrap.sh: New quick and dirty file to regenerate
> 	Makefile.in and configure when the source has been checked out
> 	from CVS.
>
> 	* nntpd.c: Deescalate EOF-from-client syslog message from
WARNING
> 	to DEBUG. It seems to be totally normal for NNTP clients to just
> 	disconnect without saying QUIT.
>
> 	* xoverutil.c: Allow STOP_AT_MESSAGEID to raise a SIGSTOP in
> 	store_stream.
>
> 	* store.c: Allow STOP_AT_MESSAGEID to raise a SIGSTOP in
> 	store_stream.
>
> 	* leafnode.h: Add debugutil.c support.
> 	* Makefile.am: Add debugutil.c.
> 	* getfoldedline.c: Bugfix: do not try to append the next line if
> 	the current line is empty. Impact: getfoldedline (for example,
in
> 	getxoverline) would read past the empty line between news header
> 	and body if the body started with a tab or space character. Bug
> 	reported by Ralf Wildenhues.
>
> 	* debugutil.c: Initial checkin.
> 	* TODO: Add lacking markdownload error checking.
> 	* nntpd.c: Ralf Wildenhues: fix file descriptor leak when
marking
> 	a body for download that had previously been marked already.
> 	* fetchnews.c: Revert broken timeout_active fix. Need to find
> 	something different.
>
> 2002-04-23  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* config.table: Add timeout_client to complement Jonathan
> 	Larmour's timeout_client patch.
>
> 	* configutil.c: Merge the timeout_client patch by Jonathan
Larmour
> [...]
> 	<jlarmour@xxxxxxxxxx>.
>
> 	* timeout_getaline.c: Merge the timeout_client patch by Jonathan
> 	Larmour <jlarmour@xxxxxxxxxx>.
>
> 	* touch.c: Rename touch() to touch_truncate().
>

> 2002-04-17  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* nntpd.c: Ralf Wildenhues' fix to use size_t to check the
length
> 	of the string. Minor modification: also check if length is >
> 	INT_MAX.  List PAT in HELP output.
>
> 2002-04-11  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* AUTHORS: Add Volker Apelt.
> 	* texpire.c: Add dormant groups feature. Patch by Volker Apelt.
> 	* store.c: Add dormant groups feature. Patch by Volker Apelt.
> 	* nntpd.c: Add dormant groups feature. Patch by Volker Apelt.
> 	* miscutil.c: Add dormant groups feature. Patch by Volker Apelt.
> 	* leafnode.spec.in: Update .spec file, courtesy of Volker Apelt.
> 	* leafnode.h: Add dormant groups feature. Patch by Volker Apelt.
> 	* xoverutil.c: Forward port 1.9.x bugfix to update overview
> 	properly when articles are removed from between low and high
water
> 	mark, exclusively.
>
> 	* miscutil.c: Drop HAVE_GMTOFF dependent external time zone
> 	declaration.
>
> 	* configure.ac: Drop HAVE_GMTOFF detection, no longer in use.
> 	* artutil.c: Let mgetheader commit suicide if the input is not
> 	LF-terminated. Document that LF termination is required.
> 	* Makefile.am: Package lclint_fixes.h as well.
>
> 2002-04-10  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* applyfilter.c: Ralf Wildenhues: remove arbitrary limit on
header
> 	length, fix possible SEGV, watermark calculation, always update
> 	active.  New option -n for dry mode (no deleting done), use with
> 	-v to see what would be deleted.
>
> 	* applyfilter.8.in: Ralf Wildenhues: fix documentation.  Ralf
> 	Wildenhues: document -n (dry-run) option.
>
> 	* artutil.c: Really fix.
> 	* artutil.c: Fix mgetheader infinite loop, found by Ralf
> 	Wildenhues.
>
> 2002-04-04  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
>
> 	* gmtoff.c: Former gmtoff() versions forced the DST flag to 0,
so
> 	the gmtoff() calculation as well as all generated RFC-2822
format
> 	dates had the wrong offset in locales that use daylight saving
> 	time. Reported by Ralf Wildenhues.
>
> 	* configutil.c: Ralf Wildenhues: patch to add missing free(mta)
> 	freeconfig() (patch was accidentally omitted from 10pre3.1)
>
> 	* activutil.c: Ralf Wildenhues: fix file descriptor leak in
> 	readactive(). (patch was accidentally omitted from 10pre3.1)
>
> 	* nntpd.c: Ralf Wildenhues: implement DATE according to RFC
> 	2980. Freeinteresting not called.
> 	(patch was accidentally omitted from 10pre3.1)
>
> 	* texpire.c: Fix copyright.
> 	* texpire.c: Drop 'F' option handling (done in parseopt
> 	already). Make freexover() independent of chdirgroup(). Both

list