Re: [leafnode-list] Strange unprecedented subscription

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Phil Deane wrote:

> Thats the thing, I have not suscribed to that newgroup, but the file does
> appear in interesting.groups. I am the only one on the system, so i dont know
> how it is getting there.

Is it possible you have port 119 open?  I set up leafnode with open
access for a distant friend, and it wasn't more than three days before
somebody unknown to me had decided to help themselves.  I first
noticed it because an unfamiliar group had appeared in
interesting.groups.

--
Theodore Heise   <theo@xxxxxxxx>   West Lafayette, Indiana, USA