[leafnode-list] Heads up: compiling leafnode on Debian (maybe others)

Hello,

Stefan Denker has pointed out to me that Debian Woody (unlike FreeBSD
4.6 or SuSE Linux 7.3 or Sunfreeware.com for Solaris 8) has separate
libpcre3 and libpcre3-dev packages. Other systems may also split pcre
and pcre-devel packages, I did not check.

If you have the pcre or libpcre package installed, by not the -dev or
-devel package, compiling leafnode is likely to fail with

> pcre_extract.c:19: pcre.h: No such file or directory

or something similar to that.

If you encounter this problem, installing the pcre-devel or libpcre3-dev
package is very likely to fix it.

HTH,