Re: [leafnode-list] What the hell is that?

On Thursday 11 July 2002 11:05 pm, you wrote:
> I downloaded new release 1.9.24 today, compiled and installed.
>
> When i tried to connect, reply was
>
> Jul 11 21:45:47 localhost leafnode[261]:  Leafnode must have a
> fully-qualified and globally unique domain name, not just
> "localhost.streghe.cc". Edit your /etc/hosts file to add a unique, fully
> qualified domain name. "localhost.localdomain" or thereabouts will not
> work; it's qualified, but not unique. Jul 11 21:45:47 localhost /kernel:
> pid 261 (leafnode), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

When i upgraded I had the same problem, searche dthe web and could not find an
answer at all, so i went back to 1.9.19 which didn;t need that, problem
solved, but still getting subscribed to alt.24hjourhelpdesk somehow, happens
every so often, if you find the solution please let me know!

--

Phil Deane
http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk