Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.19 cannot find hostname for

Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs1@xxxxxx> writes:

> leafnode on my Debain woody system cannot find or get my hostname to set
> it in the messageid. It always returns the loppback address 127.0.0.1.

> From where is getting leafnode the hostname (except from
> /etc/leafnode/config).

Leafnode uses gethostname() to figure the host's name and then
gethostbyname() in an attempt to qualify it.

The name is form wherever your /etc/nsswitch.conf's "hosts:" line tells
your resolver to look. Commonly that's "files nis dns" or "files
dns". files means /etc/hosts.

However, upgrade to 1.9.25, it should be able to skip over 127.0.0.1
address provided it has any means to figure the proper hostname.

Note that 1.9.19 can corrupt your data.