Re: [leafnode-list] Verbosity of fetchnews version 2.0b8_ma9

Alessio Bragadini <alessio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 12:50, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> It may be a bug in 2.0b8_ma9 -- please try the latest snapshot from
>> http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/
>
> Yes, the fetchnews from latest snapshot fixed the problem.
>
> Do you believe I can mix-and-match fetchnews from a release with the
> daemon from another?... :-)

I recommend against doing so. You're talking about a beta tree and some
internal changes may change some schemes. E. g. an old leafnode daemon
would not get its postings sent out by a new fetchmail because the +x
flag was missing, to name only one possible point where it breaks. Other
internal protocols are still revised from time to time, so better use
only one version.

Is there a particular reason why you would stick with an old daemon?