Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews via ssh - How?

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 08:11:48PM +0200, Clemens Fischer wrote:
> > su joerg -c 'ssh1 -C -f -x -i /home/joerg/.ssh/specialkey -L
> > 1119:news.uni-bonn.de:119 foobar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > /bin/false'; /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -S localhost:1119
>
> what does that do exactly?  i don't have a ssh1 here to check.  when
> /bin/false is finished executing, i'd suspect the connection to be
> finished as well and the fetchnews not to be working.

Right, I should have mentioned that I have the following in
ssh/authorized_keys on the remote host:

command="/bin/sleep 3600",no-pty 1024 33 [...]

The key is without passphrase, so I don't have to type a
passphrase everytime I want to fetch via the tunnel. To make sure
that this key cannot be used for anything but forwarding, I do
not allow a pty to be opened, and on initialising the tunnel the
sleep 3600 command is executed. This keeps the tunnel open for
one hour. The /bin/false is used to keep ssh from trying to open
a pty on the remote host.

Regards,
        Jo:rg

--
       ---===  Encrypted mail welcome. Key-ID: 1024D/2B693EBF  ===---
Fortune cookie of the day: