Re: [leafnode-list] Using FQDN

matthew.malthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 21/10/2002 22:57:59 David Houlden wrote:

> >Perhaps you could try reporting this to NTL as well and see if we can
>
> get=
>
> > them=20
> >to fix it.
>
> LOL Get NTL to repair something?  You do stand-up don't you?

LOL! I know what you mean. However, I have to say that from my experience
there are some good knowledgeable people there. The problem is getting to
talk to them.

> Okay.  So do you have any idea what mechanism might be involved in my
> connection intermittantly going to newscache.cable.ntlworld.com instead of
> news.cable.ntlworld where it's supposed to be pointing?  I'd assume
> something on NTL's side.
Are you sure that is what is happening. I have seen news.cable.ntlworld.com
running Typhoon sometimes and the new software at other times. Could this
explain what you see? Or maybe they change the IP / DNS from time to time. At
the moment, if I want to post I use news.ntlworld.com which always seems to
run Typhoon. Unfortunately it's also a very overloaded server at certain
times of the day.

Dave.