[leafnode-list] Re: [leafnode-2.0.0.alpha] `fetchnews -P' leaves articles in

On Fri, Oct 25 2002, Juergen Salk wrote:

> * Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@xxxxxxx> [021025 17:49]:
>
>> When I run `newsq', I never know if the postings were already posted
>> or not.
>
> Then you may want to use »no_direct_spool = 1« to prevent your postings
> from going into your local spool before they made their way upstream.

Thanks for the suggestion, I already had this option in my config. But
often, I just use `fetchnews -P' (no fetch, just post). An empty queue
(newsq) used to indicate that posting was successful (in leafnode
1.9.x) and I could abort the dialin connection. Running a full fetch
and check the group(s) in the newsreader isn't an adequate solution
for this.

Okay, I can check the logfile/output of `fetchnews -P -vvv' to see
which articles have been posted. But I still think that the output of
`newsq' should reflect the status as it did in the 1.9.x versions,
YMMV.

WIBNI leafnode would offer an option to delete the posting (from
out.going), if (at least) posting to one server was successful?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)