Re: [leafnode-list] Cannot obtain lock file, aborting.

<x-flowed>
Matthias Andree wrote:

> If the SIGKILL arrives before
> the groupinfo file has been written, the groupinfo file is outdated and
> may cause confusion later when the group upper/lower article number
> limits don't match. Articles may be hidden when getting numbers that are
> too low.
That reminds me... I hacked up the following script to rebuild the
groupinfo article counts from the spool from when it was getting corrupted
(as per my other message). Just a crude hack because I was lazy but it
does work :-).
Jifl

#!/bin/sh
# rebuildgroupinfo
SPOOLDIR=/usr/local/var/leafnode

cd $SPOOLDIR
awk '{
	GROUP = $1;
	LAST = $2;
	FIRST = $3;
	AGE = $4;
	GROUPPATH = $1
	gsub( "\\.", "/", GROUPPATH ) ;
	CMD = sprintf("find %s -type f 2>/dev/null | sed \"s@.*/@@g;
/\.overview/d\"  |sort -n| head -1",GROUPPATH);
	if ( (CMD | getline NEWFIRST) > 0)
	  {
	    FIRST = NEWFIRST ;
	  }
	close(CMD)
	CMD = sprintf("find %s -type f 2>/dev/null | sed \"s@.*/@@g;
/\.overview/d\"  |sort -n| tail -1",GROUPPATH);
	if ( (CMD | getline NEWLAST) > 0)
	  {
	   	LAST = NEWLAST
	  }
	close(CMD)
	printf("%s %s %s %s ", GROUP, LAST, FIRST, AGE );
	for (x=5; x<=NF; x++)
	  {
	    printf("%s", $x)
	    if (x != NF)
               printf(" ")
           }
	printf("\n")
}' leaf.node/groupinfo > leaf.node/groupinfo.new