Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.25 bugs?

<x-flowed>
Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> For what it is worth, I am using 1.9.24 with nothing to complain about.
 My
> only problems were cured by switching my upstream server.

Ah. It turns out I found the problem, and it has already been fixed in
1.9.25 and above (released end of August). It was this change from the
ChangeLog:
2002-07-11  Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

          * fetchnews.c: When updating the active file fails, restore the
          old active file contents in order not to loose low/high marks.
So I'd recommend you upgrade because it was a right PITA to fix once this
happened!
My problem was evidently that the upstream server just occasionally timed
out when refetching the entire active file. There was no error checking in
fetchnews.c before the above change and the article counts were all reset
to 1 - the old counts were never merged in.
Jifl