Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode and stream ?

Thibaut Colar <tcolar@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi, i want to setup a small newsgroup server at our company, our isp
> provide a news server but we can't "fetch" from it or read news directly
> on it, instead as i understand it, they "stream" the nntp feeds we want
> to our server, can leafnode handle that (reading the stream)? if not
> what are my options (innd ....), Thanks.

Leafnode cannot be NNTP fed at this moment, so you need something else.

Please check http://freshmeat.net/ for NNTP servers, INN is one of that.

Some personal words about INN: in INN 2.3, the tradspool stuff (spool as
well as overview) is delicate and fragile, INN 2.2 was much more robust
for tradspool. Should you deploy INN 2.3, try their latest STABLE
snapshot (it's bugfixes-after-2.3.3 only, so it should be safe) and
consider using something other than tradspool. The README* files that
ship with INN should give you some hints.

tradspool is the one-file-per-article format that uses a directory
hierarchy modeled after the group names, the one that leafnode-1 uses.

HTH,

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/