Re: [leafnode-list] Odd one.

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >  ...Mandrake is getting a bit like Windoze. They put things in
> > non-standard places, so only their own packages will install without
> > problems, or at least a minor config exercise.  I can't speak for the other
> > distros.
>
> These question are addressed to any Linux user: Does your distro offer:
>
> * /etc/xinetd.d and a proper includedir statement in /etc/xinetd.conf?
>
> * /etc/cron.daily?
>
> * What distro are you using?

I'm using Red Hat 7.2 and it has all three items (/etc/xinetd.d, a
proper includedir statement in /etc/xinetd.conf, and /etc/cron.daily).

I can't speak to any Red Hat RPMs, as I installed leafnode-2.0b8_ma9
from source last May without much difficulty (I did have to also
install pcre-3.9).  I configured fetchnews to run every 15
minutes from cron.

Both fetchnews and leafnode have run beautifully for nearly a
year now.  I'm a very heppy user.  Thanks!

Ted

--
Theodore Heise   <theo@xxxxxxxx>   West Lafayette, IN, USA