Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode and Knode

Peter James <petefjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At 15:44 25/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>

>>Peter James said:
>> > I have installed Leafnode -1.9.33 and it seems to be working OK.  I have
>> > downloaded the newsgroup lists from the server and they are sitting in
>> > /var/spool/news/leaf.node all 57,000 of them.  But I can't get Knode to
>> > display them.  I get a error message that tells me it is "unable to
>> > resolve
>> > hostname".  Can anyone help me out here.  Thanks
>> >

>>Leafnode 1.9.38.rel is the newest version.
>>
>>Sounds like a Knode problem.  What hostname are you telling Knode to
>>connect to ("localhost" should work)?  Does it resolve (try "host
>>hostname").
>>
>>What OS and version are you using?
> I am using Suse 8.1.

Can you answer William's other questions?

If they don't help, can you install the "tin" RPM and try the rtin
program or alternatively with pan or netscape or mozilla?

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/