[leafnode-list] fetchnews doesn't connect

For a couple of days, my fetchnews has been showing the following output:

	Trying to connect to news.terra.com.br ... failed.

So:

- I checked the server field in /etc/leafnode/config and it is correct.
- I set debugmode = 1 but didn't find any file news.debug (in which
  directory should I expect it?)
- I did ping news.terra.com.br and got response.

What else can I check?