Re: [leafnode-list] First time install: which version for Debian?

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:35:22PM +0200, Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> Among the versions of Leafonde packaged for Debian, which provides the best
> tradeoff between stability and new features for a first time installation?

The easiest thing to do will be to use the version for whichever
distribution (stable, testing or unstable) you're using unless it gives
you problems.  The version in stable is very old and has a large number
of bugs but in practice many people are able to use it without
encountering them.  The version in unstable and testing is from the
current release and is the most stable version recommended by Matthias.
The only downside to using it is that it will require upgrading other
components like libc but if you're doing that anyway it's not an issue.

This advice holds in general for Debian - the simplest thing is just to
install the provided package unless there's a positive need to do
something else.