[leafnode-list] "Cannot get lock file" + ppp disconnects.

Using 1.9.31.  This morning I had a "cannot get lock file" error with
fetchnews. A Google search directed me to /var/lock/news/ which revealed that
I had another instance of fetchnews running.  After I killed the other
instance, pppd didn't seem to be exiting all the time as it had been (exit
status 16.)  Was there perhaps a connection?  I have a lot of problems with
ppp under Linux, so it won't be the whole story.

Doug.
--
Linux: in a world without fences, who needs Gates?
--and what's more, it's immune to viruses.