[leafnode-list] Software changes and leafnode.org

To combat the massive amount of spam that is received by
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx every day (which, in turn,
generates lots of bouncing emails), I changed the setup somewhat.
Mails have already for some time run through a spam filter which
is maintained by the firewall of the university. This filter adds a
messages will not reach the listmail program any more because they
will be dumped locally.

Furthermore, there was recently an enquiry concerning leafnode.org.
Apart from maintaining the server which runs the website and the
listserv program, I have no more connections to leafnode development;
in fact, I have mostly stopped using Usenet altogether. I would be
indeed very happy if somebody would take over leafnode.org and make
the web site more attractive again. The costs have been discussed
in this forum in summer and may be cheaper if the DNS provider is
changed.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, PhD        fax  : +49 (0)931-20148539                 */
/* Dept. of Pharmacology        email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */