[leafnode-list] Re: problems with XOVER response from upstream

Brian Sammon <brians+@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm running leafnode 1.9.46 (as packaged by debian)
> Judging from logfiles, (and the empty newsgroups that clients see), if
> leafnode can't handle the XOVER response, it doesn't download the
> message.

The xref field is missing. Leafnode expects it, but it is not mandatory.

> Is there a way to convince leafnode to do something else in these
> cases?

Not without code changes, see below.

> Such as:
>   Can I specify in the config file to not use XOVER in certain groups?
>   Can I get leafnode to fall back to an alternate method for getting the
>     information it wants?
>
> Is there compile-time stuff I can do about this?  Should I download the source
> for leafnode 1.9.46?

Leafnode bug. Please try 1.9.47.rc1, it should fix your problem and it
will also provide a "noxover" server option as workaround - I'd
recommend leaving it off though.

If you can confirm leafnode 1.9.47.rc1 fixes your problem, I'll release
it as 1.9.47.rel.

> Should I start looking into leafnode 2.0?

That's a different issue. You cannot go back, and leafnode 2.0 is not
"officially stable" and may have some bugs that have been fixed in 1.9.