[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Merging 2 instances of Leafnode
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Merging 2 instances of Leafnode
- From: Mark <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:03:36 -0800
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (Windows/20040207)
Due to a hardware failure that resulted in a complete reinstall of the
operating system (Mandrake linux 9.1) and leafnode, I now have 2
instances of leafnode as the original could not copied from the original
pc to the new pc for a couple of days.
So what I have is this:
1) Pc #1 has all OLD leafnode posts and configuration up to and
including 02/05/04. This is the pc that went down with hardware failures.
2) Pc #2 has all NEW leafnode posts and configuration up to and
including 02/10/04, but nothing previous to 02/05/04.
I backup the interesting.groups and leaf.node every night so all the
article counts etc are still in sync and none were missed, however as
shown above they are split accross 2 diferent pc's.
Is there any way to merge leafnode #1 into leafnode # 2 pc or vice-versa?
One caveat, there are literally hundreds of thousands of articles on pc
#1. I am archiving, but not epxiring articles as I collect them for a
database project I am working on....dont ask :)
leafnode-list mailing list