[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] Poll about leafnode 1.9's future distribution
- To: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] Poll about leafnode 1.9's future distribution
- From: Gerry Doris <gdoris@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:50:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:12:21 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Dear reader,
> as you may know, leafnode ships with a full PCRE 3.9 distribution
> included, to simplify installation.
> Given that most operating systems come with PCRE and bzip2 or have
> up-to-date PCRE and bzip2 packages from third parties, and the PCRE
> stuff that leafnode is shipping is outdated (PCRE 4.5 is current),
> I am considering to release 1.9.55 as 1.10.0 with PCRE removed and as a
> .tar.bz2 file only (no .tar.gz offered).
> To give you some figures, this is the leafnode 1.9.54 tarball size:
> With PCRE, gzip: 854322
> Without PCRE, gzip: 459164
> With PCRE, bzip2: 705724
> Without PCRE, bzip2: 381859
> Feedback is solicited, let me know what you think.
> Thanks in advance,
> - --
> Matthias Andree
I'm using Fedora 1 and use bunzip2/tar to uncompress leafnode. I don't
believe I need the other files you currently put in your distribution.
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer
leafnode-list mailing list