Re: [leafnode-list] Groupinfo file damaged ... ???

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 03:39:46AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> "Jeff Grossman" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I noticed the same thing about a week ago and have meaning to send a message
> > to the list about it.  I get that same line in my log file.  But, my line
> > looks like the original poster, not like the one you mentioned Matthias.  I
> > am also running 20041113a.  Here is a copy of the line:
> >
> > Dec 10 06:00:03 apple fetchnews[24259]: Groupinfo file damaged, ignoring
> > line: 6
> > 3
> >
> > The line number keeps changing on me.  I did a locate command, and only have
> > one of each of those programs on my computer.
>
> Gee. That line changed after 20041113a in my source repository. Please
> apologize the confusion. I take that question back.
>
> I wonder if there's bogus data from upstreams or if there's some issue
> with the mmap() stuff.

FWIW I don't think it's bogus data from upstream. I've been seeing
these messages for the last couple of days since upgrading to
20041113a and checked the lines in groupinfo that were reported as
damaged.

Looking at them in the text editor showed them to have exactly the
same layout as the surrounding lines which were accepted as being OK.

This was on a FreeBSD 4.10-stable system, btw.

--
Timo Geusch

UNIX/NT System programmer & JAVA wizzard-in-training

'I ask for so little ... and boy, do I get it' Dilbert