[leafnode-list] Limiting leafnode run time and/or memory usage?

Is there a way to ensure that leafnode doesn't eat up too much memory?

I'm using leafnode-20041215a, and I have the following xinetd entry
for starting up leafnode (see below), but the daemon appears to
remain running, even when there is no nntp activity.  As time goes
on and nntp requests are being made, leafnode consumes more and more
memory until it holds up to 256 meg.

Is there a way to start up leafnode so that it doesn't remain
running all the time, or so that it doesn't keep consuming more and
more memory?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my xinetd entry for starting leafnode:

  # default: on

  service nntp
  {
        socket_type = stream