[leafnode-list] Can't download articles.

I've not had problems with Leafnode before, but I have just upgraded
(re-install) to SuSe 9.2 and fetchnews doesn't seem to get new articles.

In cron.hourly, I have:-
/usr/sbin/fetchnews -vv &>/var/log/fetchnews.log

The log file shows:-
leafnode 1.10.3.rel: verbosity level is 2, debugmode is 3
try_lock(timeout=5), fqdn="*******"
text.news.ntlworld.com: connecting to port nntp...
text.news.ntlworld.com: connected.
text.news.ntlworld.com: using STAT <message-ID> command.
text.news.ntlworld.com: 0 articles posted.
text.news.ntlworld.com: getting new newsgroups
text.news.ntlworld.com: got 0 new newsgroups.
text.news.ntlworld.com: reading server info from
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/text.news.ntlworld.com text.news.ntlworld.com:
 conversation completed, disconnected. wrote active file with 32519
lines Started process to update overview data in the background.
Network activity has finished.

/var/spool/news/leaf.node/text.news.ntlworld.com is empty, as is
active.read

Earlier I tried fetchnews -f and this seemed to download all the headers
available, though Pan wasn't able to see all the messages.

But since then there has been nothing.

I'd appreciate a few pointers. This is leafnode-1.10.3.rel-3,
2.6.8-24.11-smp, on dual opteron.

Thanks,

- Richard
--