[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode and stunnel

On 15.10.2005 13:09, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Chances are you have upgraded from stunnel 3.x to stunnel 4.x and you
> need to adjust your stunnel.conf to the new format. Just guessing,
> because I don't use Ubuntu, I only know it's Debian based.
>
> Can you show your stunnel.conf? (show only the relevant parts if there
> is lot of commentary in that file)

And I really do not know what are the differences between old config file
and the new one. During the dist-upgrade process, when some program wants
to install a new version of the *.conf file, it asks user would he or she
keep the old one or install the new one.
The situation with my Ubuntu disto is that I already had stunnel custom
build (./configure && make) by me, and I had stunnel.conf file in
/usr/local/etc/stunnel/ and when dist-upgrade process started to upgrade
stunnel package it simple did not replaced or just asked to replace
stunnel.conf in /usr/local/etc/stunnel/ because, that's not the place to
keep conf files :-). So then, I made a /etc/stunnel/ directory and put
stunnel.conf from /usr/local/etc/stunnel/ to /etc/stunnel/. That why now I
have the old conf file. Do you know how the new one looks, so that I can
make a change in this one? Thanks.

chaky@ubuntu:~ $ cat /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
# Sample stunnel configuration file
# Copyright by Michal Trojnara 2002

# Comment it out on Win32
# cert = /usr/etc/stunnel/mail.pem
# chroot = /usr/var/run/stunnel/
# PID is created inside chroot jail
pid = /stunnel.pid
setuid = nobody
setgid = nogroup

# Workaround for Eudora bug
#options = DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS

# Authentication stuff
#verify = 2
# don't forget about c_rehash CApath
# it is located inside chroot jail:
#CApath = /certs
# or simply use CAfile instead:
#CAfile = /usr/etc/stunnel/certs.pem
# CRL path or file (inside chroot jail):
#CRLpath = /crls
# or simply use CAfile instead:
#CRLfile = /usr/etc/stunnel/crls.pem

# Some debugging stuff