[leafnode-list] message id goes by FQDN or e-mail address?

I was just browsing sent messages in pan, and noticed that my headers are
of the following form:

Sadly, I don't own gmail.com.  Am I violating something?  It seems wrong
to me, but I'm thinking that it's actually a pan config problem, perhaps.

I believe that I have leafnode set correctly, in that the leafnode config
file makes no mention of the host name, which is set on the box, as so:

[thufir@arrakis ~]$
[thufir@arrakis ~]$ hostname
arrakis.homelinux.org
[thufir@arrakis ~]$
[thufir@arrakis ~]$ telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.5 running at arrakis.homelinux.org (my fqdn: arrakis.homelinux.org)
^]

telnet> quit