[leafnode-list] Re: Fetchnews strange problem after timeout

Tomislav Petrović schrieb:
> Following happens to me at least once a day :(.
> After timeout/disconnect occurs, these XOVER, XHDR occur.
>
> Apr 28 17:56:10 news fetchnews[17832]: news.t-com.hr NNTP server
> disconnected or timed out while waiting for response
> Apr 28 17:56:33 news fetchnews[17832]: Unknown reply to XOVER command:
> 211 12758 520132 532919 hr.misc.binaries
> Apr 28 17:56:34 news fetchnews[17832]: Unknown reply to XHDR command:
> 224 4643-4742 fields follow

Which leafnode version? Just run leafnode-version to find out.

Apparently fetchnews and the upstream server get out of synch here, but
the cause (and if it's leafnode or the server at fault) needs yet to be
established. Can you run

fetchnews -vvveD131 2>&1 | egrep -vw 'password|PASS' | tee fetchnews.log
bzip2 fetchnews.log

And mail me the resulting fetchnews.log.bz2 file OFF-LIST?

You may want to use GnuPG to encrypt the message (public key attached, I
hope the list doesn't strip it - otherwise grab 0x052e7d95 from a
keyserver or from <http://home.pages.de/~mandree/GPGKEY.asc>).

Note the fetchnews command above logs every file content leafnode deals
with and all of the conversations, so it's easily in the MB range if
gzipped. If it's larger than say 6 MB, post it on some www/ftp server
and send me the download URL, or let me know so we can arrange for your
uploading to a personal FTP server of mine.

> 2. How can I alleviate this problem in the meantime (I wrote filterfile
> killing all articles older than 2 days, and set maxfetch to 1000)?

Does that work?