[leafnode-list] Re: Suppressing the "Check your system clock" error?

Adam Funk schrieb:
> I keep getting the "check_date: news.virginmedia.com: clocks of
> upstream and this computer are more than 10 minutes apart. Check your
> system clock." e-mails, but I know it's the server's problem.  (I run
> ntp and the other servers that leafnode polls don't produce this
> message.)  Can I configure leafnode to suppress it?

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately not at this time, you'll have to filter the message out.
Depending on who creates it, you either need to add a rule to the
logcheck-ignore lists if it's a logcheck mail, or if it's a cron mail, by
adding something like

  2>&1 | grep -v '^check_date: news\.virginmedia\.com:'

to your cron line after fetchnews.

I've put a note in my TODO to allow disabling this warning for 1.11.7.

It's probably best to tell virginmedia to fix their server clock and have
them use NTP (or disable the panicgate in their ntpd configuration), since
offset clocks also affect article expiry on the upstream server.

HTH