[leafnode-list] Re: News article posted over and over...

Chris Davies <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a very nicely working leafnode 2 installation. Multiple servers,
> some of which are readonly and some are postable. All fine apart from
> the news.easysw.com news server, which I use for groups relating to the
> CUPS printing system.

> Normally, when I post a "ordinary" article it's sent off happily, and
> disappears from /var/spool/news/out.going just as I'd expect.

> However, when I post to news.easysw.com, the article is accepted from my
> server, but it remains in /var/spool/news/out.going. An hour or so later
> it's picked up again and reposted. And again. And again. Until I remove
> it from the spool directory.

Apparently news.easysw.com discards the provided Message-Id and uses
his own. Running the next time, fetchnews asks if the article is
present and is not able to find it (because a posting with the given
Message-Id simply doesn't exist), so it is posted again. news.easysw.com
is broken for any injecting agent which tracks posted articles by MID.

I don't think there is something leafnode can (or wants to) do about it.

Rob