[leafnode-list] Re: getting out of sync

Am 25.03.2009, 22:12 Uhr, schrieb Eric S. Johansson <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> this should be a simple synchronization problem/issue.  We have a bunch
> of
> private newsgroups and what is displayed in the newsreader is no longer
> the same
> as what is in the newsgroup files.  We have a bunch of old archived
> messages
> from around 2005 and then we have modern messages (circa 2008-2009)
>
> how do I make what's in the newsgroup directory visible in the news
> reader display?

Hi Eric,

sorry to hear that.

How to sove this depends on the nature and origin of the problem, which is
unclear from your description; please answer these questions:

Have all messages been regularly POST-ed into the newsgroup through
leafnode, or have they rather been copied into the directory, or has there
been some other effort to put them into the spool?

What is the name and version of the newsreader software?
Does it support XOVER or article caching, and if so, is it enabled? Purge
the cache and retry.

What is in the respective groups' .overview files? Do they match the
article files in the same directory?
If the .overview files are corrupt: has there been evidence of a system
crash?

What file system type is your /var/spool/leafnode (or whichever you
configured) using?

Best regards