[leafnode-list] Re: applyfilter failure malloc(16384) failed: Space for article

Am 15.12.2010 22:26, schrieb clemens fischer:
> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> The attached patch should fix that problem.  Apply it to your leafnode
>> source, then recompile and reinstall and let me know if it solves the
>> problem.  It does for me.  (Thanks to valgrind it was very easy to
>> find the culprit.)
>
> How did you use valgrind, what were the commands?

- I set up a filterfile (with leafnode from the master branch),
- told fetchnews to use it in /etc/leafnode/config
- fetchnews -x1000 to backfill de.test (unrelated, I'd made different
  experiments)
- edit filterfile to read maxage=50 (stricter, so that applyfilter has
  something to shoot down)
- run this: sudo valgrind -v --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes \
		/usr/local/sbin/applyfilter -nvvv de.test

And figure where hundreds of "definitely lost" entries originated.

$ cat /etc/leafnode/filters
newsgroups = de\.test
maxage = 100
action = kill