Re: fetch: connection to upstream server fails

At 09:31 21.03.99 +0100, you wrote:
>> > Trying 194.64.25.22...
>> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network unreachable
>>                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Your newsserver doesn't exist or there's something wrong with your network
>> configuration. This in not a leafnode problem.
>
>If something is wrong with my configuration then how do I send
>this mail? Header confirms that it's sent from Linux. And
>newsserver exists cause I just d'led news with Outlook from
>news.frankfurt.netsurf.de

Have you tried a traceroute to the IP address as well as the symbolic name?
And with what system did you write your email? Outlook is a Win95
application, isn't it, so you shouldn't have been able to write it on the
Linux system. Your Linux network configuration could therefore be wrong.
Have you tried to ping the news server?

Tobias
--
Tobias Reckhard (jester)