Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews

In previous mail, Cornelius Krasel spouted...

> Tim McDaniel wrote:
> > This is a persistent problem, as shown by repeated questions.  It's
> > also a bit perverse, given that "kill" and "killall" by default send
> > SIGTERM.  What is your reason for not adding more signal() calls (or
> > whatever) to catch the common death signals, or at least SIGTERM?
>
> It will be in the next version.
>
> I don't see any reason to kill fetch with "kill" or "killall".

	Err - there is no reason not to.  fetchnews is not a supervisory
	process, there is no reason that it should not be able to be
	killed if and when a system admin wishes it to be.

	Anyways, after a quick look, I only saw a single signal handler
	that needed to be changed (like I said, quick look, very quick
	with a single grep.

							John

> --Cornelius.
>
> --
> /* Cornelius Krasel, U Wuerzburg, Dept. of Pharmacology, Versbacher Str. 9 */
> /* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */
> /* "Science is the game we play with God to find out what His rules are."  */
>
> --

"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each
man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man
as he really is."
-- William James