Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews

On 22 Jul, Thomas Bader wrote:
> When I kill fetchnews just with 'killall fetchnews' I send fetchnews a
> SIGTERM. Is this dangerous? Can I lose files, when I do that?

Not very dangerous, but can be annoying.  When you kill fetchnews like
you described, it immediately kills fetchnews.  No cleanup or posting
of messages takes place.  I'm not sure about losing files because it is
possible (I don't know if it's certain or not) to lose the article that
it was downloading when you SIGTERM'd it, but as far as loging
already-downloaded articles, no it won't lose them.

> When I kill fetchnews with Ctrl-C, fetchnews terminates properly. Mean
> this, that no files will be lost? And my newsspool don't will be
> damaged?

Again, maybe the article it was downloading when it was INT'd could be
lost, but all the ones it's already downloaded will be processed.  Your
newsspool *shouldn't* be damaged.

(I can only speak from personal experience, so there are no guarantees)

-KW