Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 1.9.6 and TAB in headers

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> Johnny Teveßen wrote:
>
> [tabs in headers]
>
> > So Leafnode is wrong here. It is not even allowed to include the Space
> > character after the colon when comparing against a certain header using
> > strn[case]cmp(), since this Space is part of the field's body.
>
> This is correct. It is a leftover from leafnode-1.4 (good old times?).
> There is a fix in the leafnode-2.0alpha version which I am currently
> playing with. Hopefully the first betas can be released early next
> year.

Still, RFC-977 employs the term "blank" here, thus, news are supposed to
contain an ASCII blank (space) after the colon. It's just a violation of
the "be tolerant (liberal) in what you accept" principle.

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!