Re: [leafnode-list] groups always listed as new

Nick Drage <nick-drage@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that I was worried about fetchnews behaviour in 1.9.7, anyway I've
> upgraded now and the problem is still the same, all groups are reported as
> new, though also as before if I "telnet localhost 119" and "newgroups" I
> don't get any back.

There are two possibilities:

a) The clock in your computer is going wrong (no kidding).

b) 1.9.4 entered strange dates in your groupinfo file.

Personally, since you say that a manual "newgroups" works fine, I tend
to favour possibility a). If you want to verify b), have a look at the
fourth field in each line in /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo. It
contains the date when your newsserver received a new group in seconds
since Jan 1st, 1970 (the universally accepted Unix way of storing
timestamps) or 0 if the newsgroup was already present when you downloaded
the whole groupinfo file.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */