Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-2.0

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Michael Faurot was heard blurting out:

> Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> :>
> :> Sounds like v2.0 will be able to receive UUCP batches.  Will it also
> :> be able to create them?
> :>
>
> : If it is able to create them then how would the groups be managed.
>
> Same as normal.
>
> : Currently the groups that are pulled are done by our news readers
> : requesting that group.
>
> That would stay the same.
>
> It sounds like you're thinking this configuration would be "UUCP
> only".  That's not what I'm thinking of.  More along the lines of
> Leafnode as it is now, plus the ability to have UUCP peers that it
> could both receive and send UUCP batches of news to.  So Leafnode
> would still use fetchnews to go out to NNTP sites to bring down news,
> but it could also batch what's it's pulled down and send that to other
> UUCP peers in addition to accepting batches from UUCP peers.

I think what I was trying to ask. How do you maintain the UUCP feeds
listed groups as actively read groups?

Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      	and all was /dev/null and *void()